Safe Harbor staff and volunteers are following COVID-19 health safety precautions, including social distancing, wearing masks and increased hand-washing and sanitizing, at all of our shelters and office locations.
We are seeking dedicated volunteers who can share their time and talents answering calls on our Help Line. Our Help Line is a 24/7/365 operation, and acts as the first point of contact for individuals seeking Safe Harbor services.
Volunteers will be responsible for answering Help Line calls, completing telephone intake assessment forms, and documenting information about the calls. Between calls, volunteers will also work on building the capacity of the Help Line through projects such as resource development and outcome tracking. Volunteers should be able to handle crisis situations while providing emotional support, information, and referrals in a trauma-informed manner. Shifts are available between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. We have a particular need for bilingual, Spanish-speaking volunteers, as well as a need for volunteers who are available Fridays, but all who are interested are encouraged to apply.
Do you have a group interesting in volunteering? Contact us!
Small groups of volunteers (10 or fewer) are needed to assist with various projects across Safe Harbor's three shelters (Greenville, Anderson, and Oconee.), Projects include yard work, painting, sorting donations, and cleaning/organizing playrooms and other spaces.
Volunteer groups are also needed at Safe Harbor Resale Shop to process and sort donations, tag clothing, and household items, and help clean and organize the Shop.
To become a volunteer or to learn more about our opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864.385.7182.
Group project immediate needs.
Reorganization of Greenville shelter storage facility (June if possible)
- This project would take 2-3 days and would need to be completed during the week
- Could require some heavy lifting
- Greenville- Raking and bagging leaves, pressure washing, weeding, bush trimming
- Anderson- Raking and bagging leaves, pressure washing, weeding, gardening, bush trimming (mon-sat)
- Oconee- Removal of old landscape boards, weeding, cleaning up the flower garden, pressure washing, bush trimming
Indoor Paint Projects (group may need to provide paint)
- Greenville- Upstairs laundry area, hallway, and bathroom (walls and stall areas)
- Oconee- Staff office/Reception area (tall ceilings)
- Anderson- Bathroom stalls and foyer/laundry area (mon-sat)