Safe Harbor is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence in the upstate of South Carolina. We offer a continuum of services, providing safe emergency shelter, counseling, assistance with orders of protection, and transitional housing, as well as teen dating violence education and community outreach in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson, and Oconee counties.
At Safe Harbor, we strive to create a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We approach our work with diverse and multicultural perspectives to empower the voices of persons impacted by domestic violence, with the ultimate goal to influence a culture where all people feel safe and valued.
As an equal opportunity employer, Safe Harbor is committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Team Members fulfilling the role of the Donation Assistant are critical to the success of the Safe Harbor mission. This position requires a strong desire to serve and empower others. This is an excellent position for someone seeking to work in a retail experience while serving a bigger purpose, serve our community by taking in kind goods, and help raise money for Safe Harbor by organizing and managing a donation center.
Safe Harbor provides an extensive training and shadowing program to best prepare the Donation Assistant for their responsibilities.
Essential Duties Include:
• Ensure that the processing area is clean, safe, and presentable throughout your shift
• Greet and assist customers/donors when you’re working the donation door
• Clean, price, and hang items to sell
• Assist Manager and co-workers in creating and implementing shop events & shop
• Must be prompt and dependable
• Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door
• Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the store
• Participate in store special events
• Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles assigned
• Experience working with one or more of the following: individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health related issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, and with those living in poverty preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience or higher learning pursuits in social service or related fields helpful
- Passion for serving others
- Demonstrated level-headed, calm, problem-solving skills and good judgement
- Ability to pass contingent screening of criminal background check and drug test
- Good hand and eye coordination. Fully understand how to move and lift large pieces of furniture. Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public. Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements and lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required.
Monday - Saturday between the hours of 9am – 5pm (Closed Sunday)
25 hours per week
Safe Harbor Resale Shop are closed on Safe Harbor holidays
Highly qualified and motivated candidates may apply by creating a profile and applying: click here to apply.