Harbor is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence in the upstate of South Carolina. We offer a continuum of services, providing safe emergency shelter, counseling, assistance with orders of protection, and transitional housing, as well as teen dating violence education and community outreach in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson, and Oconee counties.
At Safe Harbor, we strive to create a culture of inclusivity and empowerment. Approaching our work with different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds cultivates collective strength and creativity. This brings us closer to the communities we serve and embodies our fundamental vision that all people feel safe and valued.
Team Members fulfilling the role of Cashier/Processor are critical to the success of the Safe Harbor mission. This position requires a strong desire to serve and empower others.
Safe Harbor provides an extensive training and shadowing program to best prepare Cashier/Processor for their responsibilities.
Essential Duties Include:
- Set up donation receiving areas, prepare to accept, and evaluate donations; closes and secures the same areas, and donated items at the end of the day.
- Organize, and maintain donation areas, and storage areas throughout the day
- Ensure quality of inventory by adhering to merchandise standards, and preventing damage to donated goods
- Clean, price, and display merchandise in accordance with thrift store procedures
- Maintain the physical appearance of the shop storage areas, ensuring safety, compliance, and store cleanliness
- Arrange merchandise displays throughout the Children’s Dept. as assigned by the store manager
- Test electrical equipment upon donation – determine if sellable
- Keeps work areas stocked with supplies, and necessary equipment, and help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the store
- Participate in store special events, and ales as scheduled, or assigned by thrift store manager
- Responsible for loading and unloading trucks assigned and others as required, including bale truck
- Adheres to policies, and procedures of Safe Harbor Resale Shop
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effective communication, and customer service skills
- Experience in a retail work setting, preferred
- Knowledge of second hand, or thrift store operations helpful
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a busy work environment
- Must be organized, and personable
- Must have a history of being punctual, and reliable
- Must have a reliable method of travel to Resale Shop
Hours: 20 – 25 hours, Monday – Saturday between the hours of 9-5pm
Qualified and highly motivated candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.