*Candidates selected for an interview should expect a video interview in light of the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic.
Team Members fulfilling the role of Client Support Specialist – Anderson are critical to the success of the Safe Harbor mission. This position requires a strong desire to serve and empower others. This is an excellent position for someone seeking a stimulating, collaborative and motivational work environment within social service fields, as well as, those interested in serving victims of domestic violence and their children.
Safe Harbor provides an extensive training and shadowing program to best prepare Client Support Specialists for their responsibilities.
- Receive crisis intake calls and accept new pre-screened/pre-approved clients into shelter
- Show enthusiasm as you support the mission and vision of Safe Harbor to peers, clients, and the community
- Practice de-escalation and crisis management techniques
- Provide emotional support and regulation strategies for clients
- Display maturity, flexibility, and interpersonal skills that are necessary in a crisis-oriented environment
- Ensures the daily needs (food, clothing, medical assistance, etc.) of all clients of the shelter are met
- Completes inventories and various other paperwork, as assigned
- And much more…. there’s never a boring day when you work at a Shelter
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience or higher learning pursuits in social service or related fields helpful
- Passion for serving others
- Demonstrated level-headed, calm, problem-solving skills and good judgement
- Ability to pass contingent screening of criminal background check and drug test
Hours: 40 hours per week; days vary; second shift including Saturdays
Qualified and highly motivated candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.