*Candidates selected for an interview should expect a video interview in light of the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic.
Team Members fulfilling the role of Shelter Relief Staff are critical to the success of the Safe Harbor mission. This position requires a strong desire to serve and empower others. This is an excellent position for someone seeking entry-level experience within social service fields, as well as those interested in serving female victims of domestic violence and their children.
Safe Harbor provides an extensive training and shadowing program to best prepare Shelter Relief Staff for their responsibilities.
- Serving as on-site operations staff for emergency domestic violence shelter, assuring the safety and security of the residents and shelter property
- Assisting in maintaining a clean and welcoming community living environment
- Directly interacting with victims of domestic violence and their children, providing and modeling basic crisis intervention, conflict resolution, emotional regulation and de-escalation skills
- Completing intake procedures
- Receiving and processing crisis telephone intake calls from victims
- Maintaining daily documentation and reporting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience or higher learning pursuits in social service or related fields helpful
- Passion for serving others
- Demonstrated level-headed, calm, problem-solving skills and good judgement
- Ability to pass contingent screening of criminal background check and drug test
Hours: 16–20 hours per week; overnight hours during weekdays; daytime OR overnight hours on some holidays/weekends
Qualified and highly motivated candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.