Team Members fulfilling the role of Bilingual Counselor are critical to the success of the Safe Harbor mission. This position requires a strong desire to serve and empower others. This is an excellent position for someone seeking to use their counseling/social work skills to walk alongside victims of domestic violence in a trauma-informed manner.
Safe Harbor provides an extensive training and shadowing program to best prepare the Bilingual Counselor for their responsibilities.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provide individual and group counseling with victims of domestic violence
- Provide counseling services include crisis intervention, trauma and recovery counseling, safety planning, case management, legal and community advocacy
- Facilitate psycho-educational and therapeutic group counseling sessions for clients.
- Develop collaborative relationship with local community agencies, providing information about Safe Harbor and trainings about domestic violence
- Completed or working towards completion of Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or related field.
- Bilingual language skills (English and Spanish) required
- Possess insight and self-awareness to be confident in the role, with knowledge of personal capabilities and limitations.
- Must work well in a team setting
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence is preferable.
- Ability to pass contingent screening of criminal background check and drug test
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Highly qualified and motivated candidates may apply by providing a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please visit our employment page to see all current employment opportunities at Safe Harbor.